for a Printer-Friendly version of this recipe
Quinoa and Black Beans
* 1 onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
* 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa - rinsed & drained
* 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 1 cup frozen corn kernels
* 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
(or 30 ounces of cooked black beans)
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1.Sauté the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
2.Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes,
3.Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the black beans and cilantro.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
"Natural Healing with Herbs for a Healthier You"
Dr. Christopher Formulas
Ailments & Programs