for a Printer-Friendly version of this recipe
Easy Bell Pepper Fajitas
* Juice of 1/2 a lime
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* Salt to taste
* Pinch of cayenne pepper
* 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
* 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
* 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
* 1 tablespoon coconut oil or distilled water
* 4 large sprouted whole grain tortillas, warmed
* 1 avocado, peeled and diced
* 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1.Mix lime juice, cumin, salt and cayenne in a small bowl. Put onions, peppers and lime juice mixture into a large bowl, toss well, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, or overnight.
2.Heat oil or water in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add peppers and onions and quickly stir-fry over until fragrant.
3.Assemble tacos by filling each warm tortilla with the tofu mixture, avocados, cilantro and salsa. Serve immediately.
It's easy to make alterations, add a handful of sliced mushrooms, chop up a chili pepper, try a little yellow squash.
"Natural Healing with Herbs for a Healthier You"