Back to School Pita Pockets
for a Printer-Friendly version of this recipe
Contributed by Traci L.
* 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
* 1 cup diced red bell pepper
* 1 cup diced zucchini
* 1/4 cup diced red onions
* 1/4 chopped black olives
* 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
* 1 T. fresh lemon juice
* 1 t. apple cider vinegar
* 1 t. dried Oregano (or 1 T. fresh Oregano)
* Sea Salt
* Black pepper
* 3 6-inch whole-wheat pita breads, cut in half
* 6 curly leaf lettuce leaves
1) Combine cucumber, red bell pepper, zucchini, red onions, olives, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and oregano in a large bowl, and toss to mix. Season with sea salt and pepper.
2) Line each pita half with a lettuce leaf.
3) Distribute salad mixture evenly among pita pockets.
Other idea: Spread peanut butter inside and fill with sliced apples and bananas.
This is a great lunch-box sandwich and it is fun to eat!
"Natural Healing with Herbs for a Healthier You"