* 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
* 1/2 cup Vegenaise (or Nayonaise)
* 1/4 cup finely shredded vegetarian cheese
* Dash ground red pepper
* 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon peel
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Cut off the top one-third of each potato. Using a melon baller, hollow out the potatoes, leaving 1/4-inch shells. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato so it will sit without tipping. (Discard potato trimmings, or cook and use to make potato salad or mashed potatoes.) Lightly brush potatoes all over with oil. Place in a shallow baking pan; set aside.
2. For filling, in a medium bowl combine the artichoke hearts, Vegenaise, vegetarian cheese, and ground red pepper. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into each potato shell.
3. Bake in a 450 degree f oven about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and filling is golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the parsley, lemon peel, and garlic. Sprinkle the parsley mixture over the potatoes. Makes 16 appetizers.
NOTES about the recipe from some who have tried the recipe:
* I would recommend baking the hollowed potatoes for a few minutes
* Instead of the red pepper I used sliced up Red Roasted Peppers
* Fabulous taste...but didn't have time to make as appetizers,(spooning out mixture etc...) so made as casserole..Oiled a casserole dish and put the halved potatoes in. Put wet mixture including garlic and lemon over top with added 1/2 cup of sour cream [you can use Vegetarian Sour Cream]. Baked 45 minutes in a 375 degree oven, stirring once. Topped with extra parmesan. Yummy.
for a Printer-Friendly version of this recipe.