for a Printer-Friendly version of this recipe.
contributed by Traci Sellers
Very light and fluffy, this frosting looks (and tastes) fantastic on cakes or cupcakes. I especially favor the almond version.
* 1/4 c Spectrum Organic Shortening (non-hydrogenated)
* ¼ c light olive oil (Bertolli’s is the only certified raw, or cold-pressed light oil)
* ½ c powdered evaporated cane juice crystals (a.k.a. Organic Powdered Sugar)
* ½ t almond or vanilla extract (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Beat together on low until well combined. Increase mixer speed to high and whip frosting until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. If it is a warm day, your frosting may get melty or soupy. Place in freezer for five to ten minutes and whip again.