Today's article is about water. What type of water should you be drinking? Dr. Christopher answers that question for you as he describes the 10 different types of water.
ARTICLE: The 10 Different Types of Water
RECIPE: Back to School Pita Pockets
FEATURE: The Complete Works of Dr. Christopher
ARTICLE: The 10 Different Types of Water by Dr. John R. Christopher
Writing in Food, Yearbook of the U.S., Department of Agriculture, 1959, Dr. Oaf Michelsen of the National Institute of Health, tells us:
Next to oxygen, water is the most important factor for survival of man and animals. A person can do without food for five weeks or more, but without water he can survive for only a few days."
Allen E. Banik, O.D., with Carlson Wade in the book "Your Water and Your Health" (Keats Publishing Co., Connecticut 06840, 1974) gives us a listing of the ten basic kinds of water;
1. Hard Water. This is saturated with calcium, iron, magnesium, and many other inorganic minerals. All water in lakes, rivers, on the ground, in deep wells, is classified as hard water. (Many city systems take water from rivers or lakes, or reservoirs supplied with mountain water; they erroneously call their supplies "soft water" but it is soft only in comparison with water which is harder.)
2. Boiled Water. Boiling helps remove some of the germs, but concentrates the inorganic minerals. Other germs are carried into a fertile element for rapid and lusty propagation of germs and viruses already in the body.
3. Raw Water. This has not been boiled. Raw water may be hard (as calcium hardened water) or soft as rain water. It contains millions of germs and viruses. In every densely inhabited drop. Some of these viruses and bacteria may adversely affect the thyroid gland, the liver and other vital body organs.
4. Rain Water. This has been condensed from the clouds. The first drop is distilled water. But when it falls as rain, it picks up germs, dust, smoke, minerals, strontium 90, lead and many other atmospheric chemicals. By the time rain water reaches the earth it is so saturated with dust and pollutants it may be yellowish in color. Water is supposed to act as an atmosphere purifier. If we had no air pollution, we would have far less pollution in our drinking water.
5. Snow Water. This is frozen rain. Freezing does not eliminate any germs. All snowflakes have hardened mineral deposits. Melt the cleanest snow and you will find it saturated with dirt, inorganic minerals, germs and viruses.
6. Filtered Water. This water has passed through a fine strainer, called a filter. Some calcium and other solid substances are kept in the filter; there is no filter made which can prevent germs from passing through its fine meshes. Each pore of the finest filter is large enough for a million viruses to seep through in a few moments. A home filter usually only picks up suspended solids and is effective for the time, maybe only for hours, until it is filled up. Then it is ineffective even for removing suspended solids, and at the same time becomes a breeding ground for bacteria.
7. Soft Water. This water is soft in comparison with water which is harder. It may contain many trace minerals and chemicals, viruses and bacteria. It is not to be confused with "softened water." Soft water may be classified as water which is harder than distilled water.
8. Reverse Osmosis. This is a system of water purification which allows pre-filtered water to be forced through a semi-permeable membrane to separate impurities from our drinking water. However, this membrane allows only certain molecules to pass through providing the water pressure is exactly constant. The matter of water pressure is a problem still to be solved. Furthermore, the membrane also allows some iron and nitrate molecules to pass through. Another problem to be solved.
But it now seems promising that we can look forward to tremendous strides in this system of water purification. Gulf Oil, Culligan and Eastman Kodak are sponsoring vast research in this area. High purity water between 90 and 97 percent of the dissolved mineral (and organic solutions), and over 99 percent of the suspended and colloidal particles are rejected by, the special membrane which has been developed for this process by these companies in their research. The product water, from this new research, is ultra-clear, low in dissolved solids, practically free from hardness components and essentially sterile as produced. This makes a close second to distilled water.
9. De-ionized Water. A process of exchanging "hard" ions for "soft." The total ions are still present. The end result is the same. But the water has the appearance of being distilled. (Nature recognizes transformation but not extinction!) Since water leaving the sodium-cation exchanger has little hardness, it contains sodium salts.
10. Distilled Water. This is water that has first been turned into steam so that all of its impurities are left behind. Then through condensation, it is turned back into pure water. It is the only pure water. The only water free from all contamination. Distilled water may well be considered the only pure water on earth.
Water is so valuable to the entire system of the human body that it is wise to use only the Best. Use pure steam distilled water for health and well being.
I personally did not know anything about distilled water until just a few years ago. My knowledge of it came in a rather odd way. I had been sitting in a wheelchair (and occasionally up on crutches) for approximately nine months-with both arthritis and also from an accident I had been in a few years before when I had received a concussion on my skull. Build-up of a calcification condition from the former fractured area had put pressure on the brain area causing a paralyzed condition on the right side of my body. I had lost my health-food store (the original "The Herb Shop") in Orem, Utah, and was broke, so a friend offered me free rent to open another one in Salt Lake City.
Here was a ridiculous situations "health" doctor opening a health-food store in a wheel chair. The business started to grow slowly and one day as I sat there, a young fellow came in to do business with me and as he left he dropped a copy of "The Choice Is Clear", by Dr. Banik, saying, "I'll bet this will help you!" As I read the booklet through, I was completely sold on distilled water, so called up a company and had some delivered to me. I started using it faithfully and was out of the wheelchair in a very short time. Over the years I had helped patients leave their wheelchairs and had used the same procedure on myself that had cured them. It worked for them but not for me, until I combined my procedure with "pure" water.
RECIPE: Back to School Pita Pockets
Contributed by Traci Law
*1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
*1 cup diced red bell pepper
*1 cup diced zucchini
*1/4 cup diced red onions
*1/4 chopped black olives
*2 T. extra virgin olive oil
*1 T. fresh lemon juice
*1 t. apple cider vinegar
*1 t. dried Oregano (or 1 T. fresh Oregano)
*3 6-inch whole-wheat pita breads, cut in half
*6 curly leaf lettuce leaves
1)Combine cucumber, red bell pepper, zucchini, red onions, olives, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and oregano in a large bowl, and toss to mix. Season with sea salt and pepper.
2)Line each pita half with a lettuce leaf.
3)Distribute salad mixture evenly among pita pockets.
Other idea: Spread peanut butter inside and fill with sliced apples and bananas.
This is a great lunch-box sandwich and it is fun to eat!
FEATURE: The Complete Works of Dr. Christopher
The Complete Herbal Writings of Dr. John R. Christopher, the founder of The School of Natural Healing, contains the full writings of Dr. Christopher's publications in an electronic format (HTML, which is also what the Internet uses).
You can search through every word on the disk or use one of the Index Pages to help you easily and quickly find information on ailments, herbs, and products.
*The School of Natural Healing's 100 Herb Syllabus *School of Natural Healing *Herbal Home Health Care *Every Woman's Herbal *An Herbal Legacy of Courage *Dr. Christopher's Newsletters *Unpublished Works
Works on both PCs and MACs
The order The Complete Works of Dr. Christopher click here.